Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mud Rain

I woke up this morning to an automobile covered with dirt. There was a great dust storm in Mexico and it sent a cloud of dust north and it went right over us in San Antonio, Texas. However, at the same time a front was moving in tho south Texas from the north. This met an area that was in the middle of an area that was, at the time, in the middle of a tropical front. Full of moisture.

This started a rain storm that washed the dirt out of the air but as it mixed with the rain it made mud. Some cars that were moving down the road when it hit had to stop and clean their windows and windshield so they could see where they were going. Some cars look as if they had run an off track race, other were not as bad. My van looked like it had been parked for about six month, dusty and streaked.

The mud was rust colored. Red and it stuck very well to paint jobs. I have seen this before but this was the worse. Most of the time when we see this it is sand from the Sahara. It rides the wind from Africa and dumps sand on us.

Anyway, before I could go do my shoppiong I had to run to the car wash. It was 8 Am and there was a line up! Just what I needed to start my day.

Hope your day was better.

No comments: