Thursday, April 10, 2008

got a webcam

Well, after many days of pondering, I got a webcam. After getting it installed and running I had a nice l0ng talk with my son in Provo. How nice to see him and talk to him. Lianna, my granddaughter came in and said "That's Bobby!". And he said, "boy, she has grown".

I was surprised by how good it really looks! I had seen some that were so choppy and dark with a little tiny picture. It is not as good as the one my son has but same brand. It is as logitech quickcam communicate STX. Easy to install, sounds good and you don't need a bunch of light. After getting it installed I went to messenger and found someone I knew online and after a little tweaking and reading the instructions she was able to see me. Frame rate is not bad and color is good. I always wanted to be as purple as "Barney". Kidding. It works well. You don't have to have a cam to view those who have one.

I guess one gets what they pay for. This one ran under 50 bucks and didn't come with the software my sons came with. But the purpose for which I got the camera is well served. Must remember to comb hair and put on a clean shirt before I sit down before the thing. Oh, and not look at the keyboard, it shows how much my hair is thinning. But who wants fat hair?

2 comments:

Lammy said...

LOLOL very funny.
:)

Maren said...

That is so fun. Thanks for the heads up on the different quality you can buy.