Sunday, July 20, 2008

What friends,

The Rivera family is having a reunion this week. I will not be there as I do not have the funds at this time. But, something happened that really touch my heart.

I was talking to my female friend about not being able to go to Wisconsin as I had planed. I had a problem come up that took all my disposable funds. Anyway, as we talked she told me, "I have a little over $100 in my mad money bank, you can have it. I told her I could not do that but she said she wanted me to go and enjoy myself. Again, I told her i could not take it, just didn't feel i could do that. But her offer made me feel special. From where do such friends come?

Today, I went to visit my sister before she left for the reunion, I was going to go with them and help with the driving. I had told them I would not be able to go and gave then reason last week. Well, today they offered to pay all my expences. It seems her kids, that I use to play with back when they were little had been looking forward to seeing me and had called to tell her they would share every thing they have with me. But again, I could not be such a free loader. Maybe it's pride. But they work hard for what they have and I don't feel right just taking and not having anything to give in return. The kids always tell me I have always been their favorite uncle because I was the only one to get on the floor and play with them when they were little.

So today I sit here and look back on past years. My wife always said I never grew up and that is why kids like me. I can roll on the ground with them and not get all upset when they mess up. Sandra always told me, you are just a big kid. Maybe I did bring some joy to this world.

Today I feel loved.

1 comment:

Angel said...

It's a shame you are missed the reunion. You mentioned that you couldn't take without giving anything back, but you would be giving of your TIME and you LOVE and for those things, there is no price. Next time, go anyway. ;o) I can see why you'd be their favorite uncle.