Sunday, August 24, 2008

Oh what a dream

Oh what a night it was.

There I was laying in bed, this in my dream. I looked up and there was Sandra. She looked so good, no oxygen tank, no hose to her nose, not a wheelchair in sight. Just a big smile on her face. She is beautiful! I think to myself, I must be dreaming but NO. I never felt so happy, not even in a dream. I give her a big hug and can't think of what to say to her. I felt so complet, so full of joy. I start to think, "It's happen! The morning of the first resurrection!"

Then, in my dream, Lianna comes in and hollers "Grandma!!!" Lianna runs to her and gives her a hug and is chattering at 90 MPH. I felt myself starting to get up and I awoke. I looked over at her side of the bed and then I knew that I had been dreaming.

It had seemed so real. So full of joy and happiness. Such a great moment ! At first I was sad when I woke up but then a feeling of joy came over it. I think it was not a dream, but a promise.

I think of my friend, Sally and how she will rejoice when she see her brother, I think of Lisa when her son will wrap his arms around her and kiss her and call her mom. I think of Maren, another online friend as she gets up and runs to her family and finds joy in doing what most mom's complain about. You know, picking up after kids and hubby.

And Sunny, with no trac in her neck. Still with the same big smile on her face but able to breath normally. All my COPD online friend, walking and not having that green tank behind them. We shall sing and not turn blue. My COPD friends from England being able to meet together with us.

But for now, our kids and grandkids will go on with life. Our pets will pass and prepare our souls for more loses to come. We will find there are good people here, with many of the same problems. But as we do, they try, holding on to the promises given us.

I have so many friend that I have not listed but know that I think of each of you, one at a time. My heart is full, I weep with you, I rejoice with you. I hurt when you hurt, I feel good when you feel good.

I am glad you are my friends.

Lee

1 comment:

Maren said...

Lee, your stories always make me cry. Thanks for writing this and even including me within it. I am glad that I've gotten to know you. You always brighten my day.f