Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Friend Lisa

I was reviewing my bloging over the last year. This blog is one year old now. I have shared my feelings with you and hope you have understood what I was saying. As I read and thought over the last year one thing kept coming to mind.

I recall reading some blogs when I came across a reference to a blog called Lisa's Rambings. I went to check it out and it has become a must read for me. I would read and p0nder what was said and learned about her struggles and hopes. I went back and read all her posting from day one. I made a comment now and then but that was about it. Then in 2007 I went to Salt Lake City to spend Christmas with my son in Provo.

While there a group of my friends that have met online for many years got the idea that it would be great to get together. Most of them lived around the area and had met before but I was from Texas and had never met any of them in person. So one day we met for lunch. I met such wonderful people. Everyone one of them. I also met one named Lisa but never in my life connected her with a blog called Lisa's Rambings. I remember thinking how quite she was. Nice but kind of keeping to herself. So I took pictures of the group when I got home it hit me. That was "the Lisa from blogland"! I knew this lady! I had felt her fusstrations, seen her pride in her kids and had gone alone with her during her ups and downs. I kicked myself for not putting that together while I was in Utah.

I know her son "E" and I know the joy he brings her as well as the pain. I know her daughter "V". A sport star at her school. Number 14 I believe. I have cheered them both on.

So, what I am trying to say is "Lisa, I am so glad I know you and I wish to tell you, You go girl. To most in the world, you are just a mom. But to your family, you are the world. I am glad I can call you my friend.

Take care and know that you influence many and you might never know who is helped by you.

No comments: