Sunday, May 24, 2009

happy


It has been a warm week in south Texas. Lianna got a new water slide and so their dad set it up in the front yard the other day. They sure enjoyed it. I was surprised how Sophie took to the water spray. She seems to love it. Lianna has always loved playing in the water. Only a few more days of school left and next Aug. Lianna moves into Kindergarden instead of PreK. I must say she learned a lot in PreK and it has changed her a little. Not always for the good but learning just the same. Am surprised by how much they do teach in PreK. She can read just a little and colors better then I ever did.


Sophie took her first unaided steps today. She was watching a bunch of kids danceing and swaying to music on some kids show and she started to sway and move up and down with them. When the music ended she started walking away. I was so surprised as she had only taked a few steps from table to chair and things like that. But then she remembered "Hey, I can't walk." and sat down. I think she will be walking before the end of the day. Some days it's great to be a grandpa!

Didn't go to church today. Woke up very early, took my shower, shaved but my shoulder was aching very bad. I took an ice pac and went back to bed. When it was time to get up and leave I was still hurting to much and didn't want to drive in traffic with just one arm. So I stayed home. I really expected this shoulder thing to be over by now. I start rehab in one week. So I guess the doctor expected it to last for awhile. Two weeks ago he told me to rest my arm and then go to rehab. Guess I have been doing to much. I did remove the wheelchair ramp from the front door, chopped down some catcus that were encrouching on my driveway and felt good afterwards. But not now.

So went my week. Renewed contact with some old online friends, always glad to know they remember me. All in all, it was a good week to be me.

1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

I love water fun. They are growing up so quickly it seems.

Thanks for the pictures. How great.

Congrats to the Graduate! YAY!