Thursday, October 2, 2008

one month of school

Strange seeing how one month of school has changed Lianna. She is still the sweet outgoing person she was but has started to learn that not everyone is as honest and loving as she.

I can tell by listening to her stories that some of the kids in her class are bullies and try to take advantage of other, that some kids can be be taken advantage of . She has learned to follow instructions much better. And I can see her teacher saying the things she repeats when she has me play school with her.

I am pleased so far. She is leaning how to interact with other that are not like her. She has learned that she has to stand up for what she knows is right. She knows her teacher is the boss in her class and that she will help when needed but that first you have to try to do things yourself.

Today she went to the dentist and had 2 fillings and one cap put on. She was so grown up about it but when we went to have a drink afterward we laughed when her drink ran down her face. I hate the "sleeping mouth" feeling myself. While she was having the work done I sat outside with the baby, Sophie, and found out that babies are "chick magnets". Never had that many ladies talking to me about the baby. More then one asked, "where did she get those blue eyes?" Answer, grandma!

So time goes on, my van is down, has been for a week. Glad my brother-in-law lent me his van. It would have been the pits taking the bus to the dentist office.

All in all, I am pleased the way my son and his wife have raised their kids. (of course, with my help and advise (LOL).

1 comment:

Maren said...

I love your Liana stories. Very fun. Sending them off to school sure changes everything.