Tuesday, February 5, 2008

That was the week that was

I think the passing of President Hinckley effected me more then I expected. I have just felt at a lost as what to post on this board. All in all, I had a full week. The day after the passing of President Hinckley I received a call from one of my sisters telling me my oldest brother was in the hospital and had been for some time. He had told his wife not to tell the family as he did not want to bother anyone.

Well, when he quit eating she called my sister and she called the rest of us. Three of my sisters and myself went to Corpus Christi to visit him in the hospital. Well, they are sending him home, there is nothing they can do and he will be under hospice care now. He has cancer of the pancrers. Also he had fallen and broken his hip plus his ulcer started to bleed. Well, the bleeding has been stopped but his hip will not be repaired as he is to weak to operate without fear of dying.

We visited for a day and then they told us they were waiting for the paperwork so they could send him home. That is what he wanted.

Also, it is February, the month I received my transplant. It seems like I have had this liver all my life but it will be 11 years Feb. 15, 2008. I got the call to come in on Feb. 14, valentines days, that they had a donor and that thing looked good.

Every year about this time I think of that and say an extra prayer for the family that extended my life, allowing me to see my sons grow and become men. I have become a grandfather. To this day, I wonder, "Why me?"

I have meet so many good people, made new friends, grown in the Gospel and now I find myself wondering, "When will I be with my wife again?" Mixed feeling, I want to see my grandaughter grow a little and I want to meet my new grandbaby that is due in June. I want to see my other son get his degree from Brigram Young University. BUT, I miss my wife.

Lee

1 comment:

Angel said...

This life is but a short time in the eternal aspect... Sweet Sandra is waiting for you, but she's in no hurry because she knows you still have a work to do. President Hinckley said the same thing... "a work to do." You have so many wonderful things in store that will bring great joy - especially a new grand baby! Yay! Hugs to you, Lee!