Wednesday, March 11, 2009

trip to the center for surgery

So What happen? That is what I asked the nurse at my doctors office this morning.

Yesterday, 3/10/09 I went in to have a bone tumor removed from my right shoulder. After all the lab work, the EKG, and all the questions about my body and myself it was time. The gas passer came and talked to me, more questions and then he gave the ok. The surgeon came in and taked to me too.At last, a real person came in and told me she was going to give me a shot that would relax me and than they would transfer me to the OR where they would move me on the an operating table.

Well, next thing I thought I saw was a bunch of guys with long pipes swinging then at each other. I closed my eye and opened them again and they were gone. Then I looked at my shoulder, expecting to see a big bandage on it but there was nothing. Then someone told me they had been unable to intubeate me and after many tries had decided to do it at a hospital. I was feeling so sleepie and dazed that I just laid there. They hleped me get dress, called my ride and before I knew it, my ride was there.They gave me a list of things I should do and not do. The ones I remember were "don't drive, don't sign any contract, etc for the next 24 hours.

I got home, posted a message I was home and went to bed. In the evening I woke up, still feeling bad but had a message on my phone to call my doctor for an appointment for surgery. It was passed office hours so I put that off. I had big lips and saw where I think I bit byself inside my mouth. I was spitting up blood, not much just tined. I had a sore throat but other wise ok.

Last night I woke up and was hungry so I ate, this morning I called the offiic and she told me that they are going to do the orperation at the hospital where they have stuff to make my throat relax so they can pass the tube. They didn't have the stuff at the surgery center. So I am set for next week, 19 March at the same time. Have to be there at 6:30 AM. I should be operationed on about 10 AM. So here I go again.

1 comment:

Kevin and Brandi said...

Good luck Lee! Sounds like you need it!