Monday, March 9, 2009

Pain may be good and it has a purpose

This morning I was reminded that I have a problem. I went grocery shopping this morning and as I reached for a 12 pack of soda water I used my right arm. It felt as if my arm was going to come out of it socket! Good thing I go early in the morning as the pain sent me to ny knees. There was no one in the row with me else they may have sounded an alarm! Man, I hurt. And to think that just a few mins before I had been thinking that maybe I should pospone surgery, after all, wasn't the pain getting less and less? (didn't think vicodin could have something to do with that). Anyway, I did the rest of my shopping and had them carry it out and place it in the van.

I will say I am not looking forward to having surgery but I have been told that the tumor in the shoulder bone will keep growing and in time it would break the joint. I had decided to have surgery when first told but as time passed I started having second thoughts.

So, pain served as a reminder that one should do what is best as soon as one finds out what that is. Once on the right path, keep going. Hope to post as soon as I can type with both hands.

Tomorrow (02/10/09) is the day of surgery. I have been told they will make a window in my right shoulder and expose the joint. There they will cut into the bone and remove the tumor and send it off to the lab. At this point all the doctors feel it is not cancer but it is growing so they have to remove it before it breaks the joint which is not good for the body. If it were not for pain I would not have known that I had a tumor.

Remember, take care of pain, it is the way our body lets us know something is not right
Remember, take care of Spirital pain, it is the way our Spirit lets us know something is wrong.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lee you are having your surgery right now. You are in my thoughts. I like your comment on take care of the pain now...but I don't have health insurance, so I don't really have a choice, I have problems I just deal with it or put my family in debt. So I deal with it :) Let us know how the surgery went. Thinking of you.
Sally