Friday, February 27, 2009

some tmes they make us cry

I had a memory jogger the other day. Lianna had been out with her other grandma and her mom. I guess they were running around shopping for stuff as woman do.

When she came home she knocked on my bedroom door and came in and handed me a ziplock bag with 3 peeps inside. Sandra loved Peeps. Every year around Easter she would buy lots of Peeps. Yellow were her favorite. Sandra would share her Peeps and we enjoyed them while they lasted.

When Lianna gave me the bags of Peeps she instructed me that I could eat one now and save one for later. But she said, "Don't eat the other one." I asked her why she said "Save it for when grandma (Sandra) comes back with Jesus."

Lianna was 3 years old when Sandra passed. It has been said "by their fruits ye shall know them". Sandra raised a great crop. Lianna remembers what is in her heart, remembers when grandma taught her. Some times she touchs me in way I never would have imagine.

At times I feel as if Sandra is very near watching over us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arn't children wonderful? Although its a good cry, it shows how much Sandra was loved and how much she loved. You married a good woman Lee, you are very blessed. Thanks for Sharing
Sally