Monday, February 23, 2009

The verdict

Went to see my bone doc today. He showed me the pictures of my MRI. I saw the tumor and how it is effecting my arm. He said by the looks of it in is not cancer but when it is removed he will sent it off to be tested.

He will cut a window flap into my shoulder and then go in and remove the tumor. Then he will fill the hole with (play doe) artificial bone by making a paste and filling the hold. After all that he will sew my flap back and in 12 or so days they will remove the stiches.

Then I will be able to start using my arm again, gently at first but in about 8 to 12 weeks I shoujld be back to normal. ( that will be different, been long time since anyone called me normal)

He said expect some pain and soreness but if I let it go and just take shots to get rid the pain the tumor will keep growing and in time will break the bone. At that time I would have to have surgery anyway. So I say, lets get it done now so I can play with the grandkids again.

With a 99% chance of it not being cancer I feel better. I now wait for all the arrangments to be made. He wants in down in no more that a week or 10 days.

So now I wait to hear from his office. You know how HMOs work, first it has to be approved. He did make me feel good when he said, I was to young to just let it go. Gee, first normal and then young. What a day. And I didn't have to wait, went in at appointment time and out in less the half an hour.

3 comments:

Maren said...

Oh, Lee, I am so sorry. Yet....relieved that it most likely isn't cancer. You will definitely be in my prayers. I hope the surgery works and that you do feel *normal* again. I can relate to that. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Lee, I didn't realize it was a tumor you had, I am so glad its not cancerous. Glad you caught this and are getting the surgery done. Have the doctors set a date for the surgery?

Anonymous said...

opps sorry I am anonymous... Sally