Tuesday, February 17, 2009

the beat goes on

Well, it is offical. I have a torn rotorer cuff. Doctor said he could give me a shot and the pain would be gone but the problem would still be there. In time my arm would be less and less usefull. Or I could have surgery and he could repair it.

After thinking about it for a couple of seconds I told him that seeing as I didn't know how much longer I would live that I wanted to be able to use both arms. So Friday I am off for an MRI. Then I will have surgery. No date yet, doctor wants to see the picture first so he can decide the best way to go after the problem.

I must say vicadin does help with the pain but I think it makes me a little sleepie. After I take a dose, if I lie down I fall asleep.

But there is good news. I received a note from a long lost contact Star!!! Than helped make my day. I also made contact with an old chat friend from Wisconsin. I believe her chat name was polarpook. All in all, an upswing day.

1 comment:

Maren said...

I am so sorry about your shoulder. I hope you find a solution to it soon. I haven't been reading blogs these days since I am rarely on the computer so I enjoyed catching up on yours today. Keep at it. And FEEL better!!!

Maren