Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Easter


Picture of me, the Easter Bunny, Lianna, Sophie and my son Steven. If you click on picture it gets bigger



This Easter I accepted an invite to spend part of the day with my son's in-laws. I have been invited many times but have turned them down as I felt I didn't fix in with their style. But I am glad I went. I was treated as a king. They even had soft drinks for me. No one even offered me a beer or anything else with alcohol.
It was good to know that they remembered that about me.
.
.
It had been many years since I saw Lianna and Sophie's cousin Audry but she remembered me and she still calls me "grandpa". When Lianna was first born and Audry was born a few days after, Audry's father's family didn't have any thing to do with her. I was always going over and playing with or taking care of Lianna and one day as I was leaving Audry called out "Bye Grandpa". I was about to tell her I was Lianna's grandpa but something make me stop and I thought to myself, Ok, I'll be her grandpa. I was telling Steven's M-I-L that Audry called me grandpa and she said "she always will".
.
.
As the party was ending and some were leaving I realized that I had a good time. I was glad I went. Maybe I'll try to get out more. But I was stuffed and they gave me a plate with ribs, briquit, and sauage to take home. Also they had taken Twinkies and cut then in half and using other small candies made then look like peeps. A real joy to me as I remember Sandra loved peeps. And a big hunk of cake. I just finish the last of my leftover a couple of mins ago. Hope eveyone had a great Easter and took time to remember what Easter is about.
.
.
He lives and because of that fact, I shall rise and see all my family and love ones again.

No comments: